Dear Co-laborers in the Struggle for Black, Brown, and Poor People's Liberation,
It is with great joy that we write to you all from St. Louis, Missouri. We've had some challenging days so far, but our our Spirits are high and with the People. It has been amazing to witness the divine work that so many local activists have been doing all year long!
The Ferguson Rebellion is alive and well, and we feel privileged and honored to be able to support even just a portion of it! As we approach the one year anniversary of the murder of Mike Brown and of the birth of a Global Movement, we are eagerly preparing all of the equipment, software, and other materials that we'll need to help amplify the already strong voices of the People.
Therefore, we are writing to ask our friends and family, who are willing and able, to support our mission to contribute our heart, mind, body, and spirit to grassroots Black and Brown liberation groups.
Daniel is a budding Resistance theologian, scholar, activist, and agitator with a special passion for the liberation of Black and Brown ghettos and barrios.
Yasmine is a budding Muslim theologian, scholar, activist, and agitator with a special passion for the liberation of Palestine.
Together, we choose to commit our whole selves to whatever radical work is being done by those groups and individuals who experience the brunt of systemic oppression on a regular basis.
We plan to remain in St. Louis/Ferguson through September 1, 2015.
Some of our work in Ferguson/STL will include supporting local organizations that are working on a National Call to Ferguson for the one year anniversary of the murder of Mike Brown and of the Resurrection of a Global Movement!
Additionally, we will work to strengthen ties between Radical Faith Communities of Resistance from #FergusonToNewYork.
Danny and Yasmine
Below is a rough breakdown of our expected expenses related to this trip:
- Round trip, Ferguson to New York for two ≈ $600
- External Battery Packs (2) ≈ $50
- Ustream channel subscription (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ferguson2nyc) to broadcast in HD, for live streaming direct actions, and for disseminating real-time updates from Ferguson via squarespace website (i.e., http://www.holyweekofresistance.net) and social media ≈ $250
- Hootsuite subscription ≈ $20
- Full Facepiece Gas Mask (2) ≈ $200
- Supplemental food for two (≈ 40 days x $15/day) ≈ $600
- Transportation (local), including two monthly passes (2 x $78) + misc. ($100) ≈ $250
- Estimated total: $1,970
If we could raise $1800 for our work, we would be eternally grateful to all of you! Detailed updates will be emailed to contributors and also posted on this blog.
Here's some of our previous work: